● Learn the exciting history of how a band of brave men and women formed the networks that became the Underground Railroad.
● Explore Lower Manhattan sites relevant to the slave trade from Battery Park to Wall Street to the African Burial Ground.
● Learn about the early African-American history of New York and how African-Americans impacted the creation of the city.
● View historic sites like Fraunces Tavern, Trinity Church, Federal Hall, NYC Stock Exchange, Wall Street, and the African Burial Ground National Memorial.
● Enjoy this tour featured on ABC News, Netflix, the New York Times, NBC News, Newsday, Amsterdam News, and the NY Times' best-selling book “How the Word is Passed.” Description: Learn the contributions of enslaved people to NYC including the brave uprisings against oppression. Then discover the exciting history of the Underground Railroad, a network of clandestine routes and safe houses used by enslaved African Americans primarily to escape into free states and Canada.
Visit an archeological site and memorial dedicated to the memory of enslaved Africans in colonial America. Visit the site of a former station on the Underground Railroad. Learn about the revolts, kidnappings, and dramatic escapes that occurred during the era of American slavery. Listen to tales of courage and triumph and discover the stories of real New Yorkers who risked their lives and properties to help people escape slavery on this historic New York City walking tour.
At the bottom of the steps in front of the Museum of the American Indian located at 1 Bowling Green, New York, NY 10004
Hours of Operation:
April 1 to Sep 31: Wednesdays @11am & Saturdays @1pm
Sightseeing Flex Pass :
Reservations are required.
Flex pass holders only make reservations on the following page: https://insideouttours.com/book-with-pass/sightseeing-flex-pass/
Please enter the correct pass numbers for each guest, and make sure the passes are valid on the day of the tour.
You will be required to provide your credit card information but you will not be charged unless you do not show up for your tour or the pass is invalid.